In its drive to enter the server processing units market, Qualcomm started a program called Server Development Platform, which has the sole aim of establishing Qualcomm as a major player in the server and data center industry via its SoC processing chips.
To do this, Qualcomm has started to sample SoCs based on the AMRv9-A chips while starting technology collaborations with both Xilinx and Mellanox. The new SoC being tested is proposed for tackling common data centre workloads and machine learning, with testing beginning on Thursday this week.
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC
- How to Install Domoticz Home Automation System in NanoPi NEO and Other ARM Linux Boards
- CentOS 7.3 (1611) Linux Distro Officially Released for ARM64/AArch64 Machines
- Linux 4.9 Release – Main Changes, ARM and MIPS Architectures
- The first official 64-bit OS for Raspberry Pi arrives -- but there's a catch