It looks like Next Things’ C.H.I.P computer with Allwinner R8 processor will soon have a big brother with PINE64 board powered by Allwinner R18 / A64 quad core Cortex A53 processor, and made by a US start-up also called PINE 64.
The platform will support Android 5.1, Ubuntu, and OpenWRT operating systems, as well as open source software like openHAB for automation or XBMC/Kodi. All pictures above show Allwinner R18 processor, which I’ve never heard of before, but it must be pin-to-pin compatible with Allwinner A64 as some pictures and parts of the promo video show the latter. So I assume Allwinner R18 must be a low cost version of Allwinner A64, similar to what R8 is to A13.
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- RaspAnd Marshmallow 6.0.1 Android OS Now Available for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- RaspAnd Now Lets Users Run Android 7.1.2 Nougat with Kodi 17.1 on Raspberry Pi 3
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices