After briefly announcing the other day that the CentOS 7 Linux operating system was available for select ARMv7-based single-board computers, such as Raspberry Pi 2, Banana Pi and CubieTruck, Karanbir Singh is proud to present the release of CentOS AltArch 7.
According to the release notes, CentOS AltArch 7 is based on the recently introduced CentOS 7 Build 1511 rolling-release update, which included a broad range of new features, such as the X.Org Server 1.17 display server, along with support for TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2 and EC ciphers in various pre-installed apps.
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian