You should have seen my eyes bug out when I saw the launch announcement for Manjaro-ARM. This is just too good to be true! I owe many thanks to the reader who saw the note on DistroWatch even before I did, and mentioned it in a comment to my previous PiCore post, thus putting me on the trail. I really do enjoy and appreciate all of the readers and comments. Well, almost all of them...
Let's start with a very clear warning: this is an alpha test release. It has only been in development for a month or so. That means don't whine about this, that or the other thing that doesn't work, or is missing, or whatever. Celebrate what does work, and appreciate the dedication and talent of the Manjaro community members who are working on this!
To that end, I will start the celebration here with: Hooray! It works! Here is the proof, a screen shot taken on my Raspberry Pi 2 yesterday evening:
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Android-Based RaspAnd Linux OS for Raspberry Pi 3 Gets Better Video Performance
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- RaspAnd OS Brings Android 7.1.2 "Nougat" and Kodi 17.3 to Raspberry Pi 3 SBCs
- Raspberry Pi devices transformed into cryptocurrency miners by Linux malware
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more