You should have seen my eyes bug out when I saw the launch announcement for Manjaro-ARM. This is just too good to be true! I owe many thanks to the reader who saw the note on DistroWatch even before I did, and mentioned it in a comment to my previous PiCore post, thus putting me on the trail. I really do enjoy and appreciate all of the readers and comments. Well, almost all of them...
Let's start with a very clear warning: this is an alpha test release. It has only been in development for a month or so. That means don't whine about this, that or the other thing that doesn't work, or is missing, or whatever. Celebrate what does work, and appreciate the dedication and talent of the Manjaro community members who are working on this!
To that end, I will start the celebration here with: Hooray! It works! Here is the proof, a screen shot taken on my Raspberry Pi 2 yesterday evening:
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1
- How to securely connect to a Raspberry Pi from anywhere
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC
- After Microsoft, Apple Also Increases Focus on ARM with New Low-Power Chip
- RaspAnd Now Lets You Run Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Kodi 17 RC4 on Raspberry Pi 3