You should have seen my eyes bug out when I saw the launch announcement for Manjaro-ARM. This is just too good to be true! I owe many thanks to the reader who saw the note on DistroWatch even before I did, and mentioned it in a comment to my previous PiCore post, thus putting me on the trail. I really do enjoy and appreciate all of the readers and comments. Well, almost all of them...
Let's start with a very clear warning: this is an alpha test release. It has only been in development for a month or so. That means don't whine about this, that or the other thing that doesn't work, or is missing, or whatever. Celebrate what does work, and appreciate the dedication and talent of the Manjaro community members who are working on this!
To that end, I will start the celebration here with: Hooray! It works! Here is the proof, a screen shot taken on my Raspberry Pi 2 yesterday evening:
- LibreELEC 8.0.1 Is Out Based on Kodi 17.1, Adds Support for Raspberry Pi Zero W
- The anatomy of a powerful desktop with an ARM chip
- Linux, not Microsoft, the real winner of Windows Server on ARM
- Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2
- NetBSD 7.1 Is Out with Support for Raspberry Pi Zero, Better Linux Compatibility
- How to Control Your Air Conditioner with Raspberry Pi Board and ANAVI Infrared pHAT