Today, we’re celebrating the arrival of two new Ubuntu phone community ports! If you’re the lucky owner of a Sony Xperia Z1 you will soon be able to download an image to turn it into an Ubuntu phone and PC! Alternatively if you’re the owner of a OnePlus One you will be able to flash and use Ubuntu on your phone. We’ll be showcasing both devices at Mobile World Congress (Hall 3 Booth 3J30) and will be certain to share a few pictures.
Since the latest Ubuntu release many developers have been asking when we’d see the first phone offering a full Ubuntu experience: a phone when you’re on the move, a PC when you need the full Ubuntu desktop power... Some couldn’t wait and ported Ubuntu to new devices to enjoy Ubuntu and the converged experience. We’re really excited to see Ubuntu becoming available on more devices, and even more excited to see what the community will create around these devices!
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC
- Linux Kernel 4.4.45 LTS Is Another Small Patch, Introduces ARM Improvements
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More