RaspEX developer Arne Exton informs Softpedia about the availability for download of a new, special build of the RaspEX Live CD distribution optimized for the new Raspberry Pi 3 single-board computer.
The new RaspEX Build 160307 has been specially released to support the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B SBC announced by the Raspberry Pi Foundation on February 29, 2016, in addition to it supporting the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B board.
Exton exclusively told Softpedia that not all the Linux kernel-based operating system initially designed for Raspberry Pi 2 boards will run on the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B computer, so that's why he had to release a new build of RaspEX.
- Raspbian Linux OS for Raspberry Pi Is Now Based on Debian GNU/Linux 9 "Stretch"
- Android-Based RaspAnd OS Updated for Raspberry Pi 3 with Google Play Support
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 17.04 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- NanoPi K2 Board Gets Ubuntu Core Firmware Image