RaspEX developer Arne Exton informs Softpedia about the availability for download of a new, special build of the RaspEX Live CD distribution optimized for the new Raspberry Pi 3 single-board computer.
The new RaspEX Build 160307 has been specially released to support the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B SBC announced by the Raspberry Pi Foundation on February 29, 2016, in addition to it supporting the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B board.
Exton exclusively told Softpedia that not all the Linux kernel-based operating system initially designed for Raspberry Pi 2 boards will run on the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B computer, so that's why he had to release a new build of RaspEX.
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek Hub, and more
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux OS Officially Out with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support, Kodi 17.1
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Shenzhen Xunlong Releases Two Orange Pi Boards with 64-Bit ARM Processor, 2GB RAM
- NanoPi NEO 2 Board Benchmarks with Ubuntu 16.04.2 using Linux 3.10 and Linux 4.10