The ARM SoC updates were mailed out on Sunday afternoon for the Linux 4.6 kernel and it provides mainline support for thirteen new SoCs!
Over a dozen new ARM System-on-a-Chips are new to the mainline Linux 4.6 kernel code. The newly-supported platforms include Axis Artpec-6 SoC (artpec6), TI keystone-k2g, Mediatek MT7623 (mt7623), Allwinner A83T SoC (a83t), NXP i.MX6QP SoC (imx6qp), ST Microelectronics stm32f469, Annapurna Labs Alpine (alpine-v2), Marvell Armada 3700 SoCs (armada-37xx), Marvell Armada 7000/8000 SoCs (armada-7xxx/8xxx), Amlogic S905 (meson-gxbb), Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 (msm8996), Socionext UniPhier (uniphier-ph1), ARM Juno Development Platform (juno-r2), Allwinner A64 SoC, and Broadcom Vulcan (vulcan).
- Linux Kernel 3.18.51 Released with MIPS, ARM, and CIFS Changes, Updated Drivers
- LibreELEC-Based Lakka 2.0 Officially Released with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support
- New ARM Support Going Into The Linux 4.12 Kernel
- Flint OS is a Chromium OS Build for Raspberry Pi & Firefly-RK3288 Boards
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux OS Officially Out with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support, Kodi 17.1