Delayed for one day, the major Docker 1.11 release of the open-source application container engine has been released today, April 13, 2016, and has been made available for download for all supported platforms.
Docker 1.11 is the result of a month's work, during which it received a total of five RC (Release Candidate) builds. It has thus brought over 90 changes amongst various areas of the Linux container engine, including but not limited to builder, client, distribution, logging, networking, plugins, runtime, security, and volumes. But as usual, the biggest change is addressed to Linux users.
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian
- LibreELEC-Based Lakka 2.0 Officially Released with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support
- New ARM Support Going Into The Linux 4.12 Kernel