Softpedia has been informed today, April 21, 2016, by Dylan Callahan from the Chromium OS for SBC project about the general availability of the fifth stable release of the Chromium OS port for Raspberry Pi 2.
Dubbed "Sam Kinison," Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 0.5 comes approximately two months from the release of the previous version, 0.4 "Lenny Bruce," which introduced a redesigned kernel, LZ4 compression, a custom BFS scheduler optimized for desktop systems, and numerous latency improvements.
The development of the Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 single-board computer continues at a fast pace thanks to the dedicated team of developers behind this unique and very promising project, which now has an official homepage and aims to come to all SBCs (single-board computers).
- Raspbian Linux OS for Raspberry Pi Is Now Based on Debian GNU/Linux 9 "Stretch"
- Android-Based RaspAnd OS Updated for Raspberry Pi 3 with Google Play Support
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 17.04 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- SolydXK 9 Linux OS Debuts Based on Debian 9 Stretch, Drops Raspberry Pi Support