Softpedia has been informed today, April 21, 2016, by Dylan Callahan from the Chromium OS for SBC project about the general availability of the fifth stable release of the Chromium OS port for Raspberry Pi 2.
Dubbed "Sam Kinison," Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 0.5 comes approximately two months from the release of the previous version, 0.4 "Lenny Bruce," which introduced a redesigned kernel, LZ4 compression, a custom BFS scheduler optimized for desktop systems, and numerous latency improvements.
The development of the Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 single-board computer continues at a fast pace thanks to the dedicated team of developers behind this unique and very promising project, which now has an official homepage and aims to come to all SBCs (single-board computers).
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1
- How to securely connect to a Raspberry Pi from anywhere
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- RaspAnd Now Lets You Run Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Kodi 17 RC4 on Raspberry Pi 3
- SolydXK Linux OS Gets First ISO Respins for 2017, Raspberry Pi Build Also Out
- How to Install Domoticz Home Automation System in NanoPi NEO and Other ARM Linux Boards