Softpedia has been informed today, April 21, 2016, by Dylan Callahan from the Chromium OS for SBC project about the general availability of the fifth stable release of the Chromium OS port for Raspberry Pi 2.
Dubbed "Sam Kinison," Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 0.5 comes approximately two months from the release of the previous version, 0.4 "Lenny Bruce," which introduced a redesigned kernel, LZ4 compression, a custom BFS scheduler optimized for desktop systems, and numerous latency improvements.
The development of the Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 single-board computer continues at a fast pace thanks to the dedicated team of developers behind this unique and very promising project, which now has an official homepage and aims to come to all SBCs (single-board computers).
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek Hub, and more
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux OS Officially Out with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support, Kodi 17.1
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- FalconGate Open Source Anti-Hackers Smart Gateway Runs on Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, and other ARM Debian Boards
- LibreELEC 8.0.1 Is Out Based on Kodi 17.1, Adds Support for Raspberry Pi Zero W