Softpedia has been informed today, April 21, 2016, by Dylan Callahan from the Chromium OS for SBC project about the general availability of the fifth stable release of the Chromium OS port for Raspberry Pi 2.
Dubbed "Sam Kinison," Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 0.5 comes approximately two months from the release of the previous version, 0.4 "Lenny Bruce," which introduced a redesigned kernel, LZ4 compression, a custom BFS scheduler optimized for desktop systems, and numerous latency improvements.
The development of the Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 single-board computer continues at a fast pace thanks to the dedicated team of developers behind this unique and very promising project, which now has an official homepage and aims to come to all SBCs (single-board computers).
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian
- LibreELEC-Based Lakka 2.0 Officially Released with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support
- Raspberry WebKiosk 6.0 Released for Raspberry Pi, Based on Raspbian Jessie Lite
- Flint OS is a Chromium OS Build for Raspberry Pi & Firefly-RK3288 Boards