GNU/Linux developer Arne Exton informs us about the availability for download of a new build of his RaspEX project that brings the latest version of the Ubuntu Linux operating system to Raspberry Pi SBCs.
RaspEX Build 160421 has been released on the same day with Canonical's Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) operating system, on which it is based, and it promises to offer a lightweight LXDE-based desktop experience to Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 2 users.
The new RaspEX release ships with a brand-new kernel, support for Bluetooth, the Mozilla Firefox web browser, as a replacement for Chromium because it apparently offers better support for watching YouTube videos, as well as the Wicd as the default network manager.
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Android-Based RaspAnd Linux OS for Raspberry Pi 3 Gets Better Video Performance
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- RaspAnd OS Brings Android 7.1.2 "Nougat" and Kodi 17.3 to Raspberry Pi 3 SBCs
- Raspberry Pi devices transformed into cryptocurrency miners by Linux malware
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more