GNU/Linux developer Arne Exton informs us about the availability for download of a new build of his RaspEX project that brings the latest version of the Ubuntu Linux operating system to Raspberry Pi SBCs.
RaspEX Build 160421 has been released on the same day with Canonical's Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) operating system, on which it is based, and it promises to offer a lightweight LXDE-based desktop experience to Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 2 users.
The new RaspEX release ships with a brand-new kernel, support for Bluetooth, the Mozilla Firefox web browser, as a replacement for Chromium because it apparently offers better support for watching YouTube videos, as well as the Wicd as the default network manager.
- Latest LibreELEC 8.0 Beta Updates Linux Kernel Support Patches for Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero: Hands on with Manjaro ARM and PiCore Linux
- Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Modules CM3 and CM3L Launched for $30 and $25
- First 64-Bit and Enterprise OS Comes to Raspberry Pi 3
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More
- OpenELEC 7.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, and WeTek Core