GNU/Linux developer Arne Exton informs us about the availability for download of a new build of his RaspEX project that brings the latest version of the Ubuntu Linux operating system to Raspberry Pi SBCs.
RaspEX Build 160421 has been released on the same day with Canonical's Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) operating system, on which it is based, and it promises to offer a lightweight LXDE-based desktop experience to Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 2 users.
The new RaspEX release ships with a brand-new kernel, support for Bluetooth, the Mozilla Firefox web browser, as a replacement for Chromium because it apparently offers better support for watching YouTube videos, as well as the Wicd as the default network manager.
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian
- LibreELEC-Based Lakka 2.0 Officially Released with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support
- Raspberry WebKiosk 6.0 Released for Raspberry Pi, Based on Raspbian Jessie Lite
- Flint OS is a Chromium OS Build for Raspberry Pi & Firefly-RK3288 Boards