GNU/Linux developer Arne Exton informs us about the availability for download of a new build of his RaspEX project that brings the latest version of the Ubuntu Linux operating system to Raspberry Pi SBCs.
RaspEX Build 160421 has been released on the same day with Canonical's Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) operating system, on which it is based, and it promises to offer a lightweight LXDE-based desktop experience to Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 2 users.
The new RaspEX release ships with a brand-new kernel, support for Bluetooth, the Mozilla Firefox web browser, as a replacement for Chromium because it apparently offers better support for watching YouTube videos, as well as the Wicd as the default network manager.
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek Hub, and more
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux OS Officially Out with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support, Kodi 17.1
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Shenzhen Xunlong Releases Two Orange Pi Boards with 64-Bit ARM Processor, 2GB RAM
- NanoPi NEO 2 Board Benchmarks with Ubuntu 16.04.2 using Linux 3.10 and Linux 4.10