GNU/Linux developer Arne Exton informs us about the availability for download of a new build of his RaspEX project that brings the latest version of the Ubuntu Linux operating system to Raspberry Pi SBCs.
RaspEX Build 160421 has been released on the same day with Canonical's Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) operating system, on which it is based, and it promises to offer a lightweight LXDE-based desktop experience to Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 2 users.
The new RaspEX release ships with a brand-new kernel, support for Bluetooth, the Mozilla Firefox web browser, as a replacement for Chromium because it apparently offers better support for watching YouTube videos, as well as the Wicd as the default network manager.
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1
- How to securely connect to a Raspberry Pi from anywhere
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC
- RaspAnd Now Lets You Run Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Kodi 17 RC4 on Raspberry Pi 3
- Linux Kernel 4.4.45 LTS Is Another Small Patch, Introduces ARM Improvements