Chromium OS for SBC project, through Dylan Callahan, informs Softpedia about the immediate availability for download of the Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 3 single-board computers.
Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 3 appears to be the first of its kind, and it comes hot on the heels of the version 0.5 of the Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 port announced on Softpedia exclusively, bringing users a separate binary image to ensure everything works as expected (read the last paragraph for known issues) for the new generation of SBCs.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B has been released on the last day of February 2016, on the 29th, and it brought in the long-anticipated built-on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support, along with a 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor. Therefore, the Chromium OS for SBC project has successfully ported Chromium OS to Raspberry Pi 3 devices.
- LibreELEC 8.0.1 Is Out Based on Kodi 17.1, Adds Support for Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2
- Shenzhen Xunlong Software & Canonical Launch Orange Pi App Store for Ubuntu Snaps
- NetBSD 7.1 Is Out with Support for Raspberry Pi Zero, Better Linux Compatibility
- How to Control Your Air Conditioner with Raspberry Pi Board and ANAVI Infrared pHAT
- Microsoft's .NET Core slowly marches onto Raspberry Pi 3