Chromium OS for SBC project, through Dylan Callahan, informs Softpedia about the immediate availability for download of the Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 3 single-board computers.
Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 3 appears to be the first of its kind, and it comes hot on the heels of the version 0.5 of the Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 port announced on Softpedia exclusively, bringing users a separate binary image to ensure everything works as expected (read the last paragraph for known issues) for the new generation of SBCs.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B has been released on the last day of February 2016, on the 29th, and it brought in the long-anticipated built-on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support, along with a 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor. Therefore, the Chromium OS for SBC project has successfully ported Chromium OS to Raspberry Pi 3 devices.
- Android-Based RaspAnd OS Updated for Raspberry Pi 3 with Google Play Support
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 17.04 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- NanoPi K2 Board Gets Ubuntu Core Firmware Image
- SolydXK 9 Linux OS Debuts Based on Debian 9 Stretch, Drops Raspberry Pi Support