Chromium OS for SBC project, through Dylan Callahan, informs Softpedia about the immediate availability for download of the Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 3 single-board computers.
Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 3 appears to be the first of its kind, and it comes hot on the heels of the version 0.5 of the Chromium OS for Raspberry Pi 2 port announced on Softpedia exclusively, bringing users a separate binary image to ensure everything works as expected (read the last paragraph for known issues) for the new generation of SBCs.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B has been released on the last day of February 2016, on the 29th, and it brought in the long-anticipated built-on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support, along with a 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor. Therefore, the Chromium OS for SBC project has successfully ported Chromium OS to Raspberry Pi 3 devices.
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- OpenBSD 6.1 Operating System Officially Released, Adds Kaby Lake & ARM64 Support
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek Hub, and more
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux OS Officially Out with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support, Kodi 17.1
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Shenzhen Xunlong Releases Two Orange Pi Boards with 64-Bit ARM Processor, 2GB RAM