Renowned Linux kernel developer Greg Kroah-Hartman has just announced the release and general availability of the third maintenance build of the latest and most advanced kernel branch, Linux 4.5.
Linux kernel 4.5.3 is here, arriving two weeks after the release of the second maintenance version, Linux 4.5.2, and bringing a huge number of changes. Looking at the appended shortlog, which also includes the diff from Linux kernel 4.5.2, we can notice that today's release of Linux kernel 4.5.3 changes a total of 213 files, with 1994 insertions and 952 deletions, so check out the brief changelog below for details.
- NanoPi NEO 2 Board Benchmarks with Ubuntu 16.04.2 using Linux 3.10 and Linux 4.10
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- Linux Kernel 4.9.10 Has ARM, x86 and PowerPC Improvements, Updated Drivers
- Linux Kernel 4.4.49 LTS Is a Small Patch with Some ARM Fixes and Updated Drivers
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- Linux Kernel 4.9.6 Rolls Out with ARM and AArch64 Improvements, Updated Drivers