Renowned Linux kernel developer Greg Kroah-Hartman has just announced the release and general availability of the third maintenance build of the latest and most advanced kernel branch, Linux 4.5.
Linux kernel 4.5.3 is here, arriving two weeks after the release of the second maintenance version, Linux 4.5.2, and bringing a huge number of changes. Looking at the appended shortlog, which also includes the diff from Linux kernel 4.5.2, we can notice that today's release of Linux kernel 4.5.3 changes a total of 213 files, with 1994 insertions and 952 deletions, so check out the brief changelog below for details.
- Linux 4.12 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Linux Kernel 3.18.51 Released with MIPS, ARM, and CIFS Changes, Updated Drivers