Today, May 11, 2016, renowned kernel developer Greg Kroah-Hartman announced the release of the fourth maintenance build in the latest stable and most advanced Linux 4.5 kernel branch.
While not many GNU/Linux operating systems have adopted Linux kernel 4.5, its development cycle continues at a fast pace, introducing more and more improvements, security patches, and new capabilities. According to the appended shortlog, which also includes the diff from the previous maintenance release, Linux 4.5.3, the new update changes a total of 97 files, with 600 insertions and 238 deletions.
- Linux 4.12 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Linux Kernel 3.18.51 Released with MIPS, ARM, and CIFS Changes, Updated Drivers