The Qt Company, through Jani Heikkinen, announced the general availability of the Release Candidate (RC) build of the upcoming Qt 5.7 open-source and cross-platform GUI (Graphical User Interface) toolkit.
Qt 5.7.0 Release Candidate arrives one and a half months after the Beta version, introducing a huge number of new features and improvements to most of the existing modules, among which we can mention support for a port of the Qt NFC API (Application Programming Interface) to Google's Android mobile operating system.
Support for Apple's tvOS operating system for Apple TV devices, along with an enhanced version of the QML playlist API have landed for the Qt Multimedia module. Various new embedded platforms will be supported as well in Qt 5.7.0, such as the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B single-board computer, but only in 32-bit mode.
- SolydXK 9 Linux OS Debuts Based on Debian 9 Stretch, Drops Raspberry Pi Support
- Mozilla launches Project Things IoT framework on Raspberry Pi
- Meet ROCK64, a 4K-Capable Single-Board Computer That Can Run Android 7.1, Debian
- Ubuntu Core Now Officially Supported for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 (CM3)
- Raspberry Pi Foundation's Raspbian OS to Soon Be Rebased on Debian 9 "Stretch"
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support