The Qt Company, through Jani Heikkinen, announced the general availability of the Release Candidate (RC) build of the upcoming Qt 5.7 open-source and cross-platform GUI (Graphical User Interface) toolkit.
Qt 5.7.0 Release Candidate arrives one and a half months after the Beta version, introducing a huge number of new features and improvements to most of the existing modules, among which we can mention support for a port of the Qt NFC API (Application Programming Interface) to Google's Android mobile operating system.
Support for Apple's tvOS operating system for Apple TV devices, along with an enhanced version of the QML playlist API have landed for the Qt Multimedia module. Various new embedded platforms will be supported as well in Qt 5.7.0, such as the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B single-board computer, but only in 32-bit mode.
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- RaspAnd Marshmallow 6.0.1 Android OS Now Available for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- RaspAnd Now Lets Users Run Android 7.1.2 Nougat with Kodi 17.1 on Raspberry Pi 3
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian