The Qt Company, through Jani Heikkinen, announced the general availability of the Release Candidate (RC) build of the upcoming Qt 5.7 open-source and cross-platform GUI (Graphical User Interface) toolkit.
Qt 5.7.0 Release Candidate arrives one and a half months after the Beta version, introducing a huge number of new features and improvements to most of the existing modules, among which we can mention support for a port of the Qt NFC API (Application Programming Interface) to Google's Android mobile operating system.
Support for Apple's tvOS operating system for Apple TV devices, along with an enhanced version of the QML playlist API have landed for the Qt Multimedia module. Various new embedded platforms will be supported as well in Qt 5.7.0, such as the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B single-board computer, but only in 32-bit mode.
- FalconGate Open Source Anti-Hackers Smart Gateway Runs on Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, and other ARM Debian Boards
- And here it comes the new Embedded Linux Education Kit, based on UDOO Neo
- LibreELEC 8.0.1 Is Out Based on Kodi 17.1, Adds Support for Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2
- Shenzhen Xunlong Software & Canonical Launch Orange Pi App Store for Ubuntu Snaps
- NetBSD 7.1 Is Out with Support for Raspberry Pi Zero, Better Linux Compatibility