Yesterday, we reported on the release of Linux kernel 4.6.2, Linux kernel 4.5.7, Linux kernel 4.4.13 LTS, and Linux kernel 3.14.72 LTS, and it now looks like Linux kernel 4.1.26 LTS has been released into the wild as well.
Linux kernel 4.1 is a long-term supported branch that will receive security fixes and improvements for a few more months, so several GNU/Linux operating system prefer it over non-LTS kernel releases. Linux kernel 4.1.26 LTS is the twenty-sixth maintenance update in the series, bringing changes to 137 files, with 1661 insertions and 910 deletions.
- OpenBSD 6.1 Operating System Officially Released, Adds Kaby Lake & ARM64 Support
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Shenzhen Xunlong Releases Two Orange Pi Boards with 64-Bit ARM Processor, 2GB RAM
- NanoPi NEO 2 Board Benchmarks with Ubuntu 16.04.2 using Linux 3.10 and Linux 4.10
- Debian-Based Q4OS Linux Distro Now Available for PINE64 Single-Board Computers
- Mainline Linux on 64-bit ARM Amlogic SoCs, and TV Boxes such as Wetek Hub / Player 2, NEXBOX A1 / A95X, etc…