We reported earlier on the release of the Linux 3.2.81 LTS kernel, and we promised to tell you what's new in the thirty-sixth maintenance update of the long-term supported Linux 3.16 kernel series as well.
Linux kernel 3.16.36 LTS was also announced by Linux kernel developer Ben Hutchings today, June 16, 2016, immediately after he released Linux 3.2.81. Looking at the diff from the previous maintenance release, version 3.16.35, we can notice that the Linux 3.16.36 kernel is a big update that changes a total of 140 files, with 1416 insertions and 1004 deletions.
- LibreELEC 8.0.0 Officially Released for Raspberry Pi SBCs with Kodi 17 "Krypton"
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- Linux Kernel 4.9.10 Has ARM, x86 and PowerPC Improvements, Updated Drivers
- Linux Kernel 4.4.49 LTS Is a Small Patch with Some ARM Fixes and Updated Drivers
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC