We reported earlier on the release of the Linux 3.2.81 LTS kernel, and we promised to tell you what's new in the thirty-sixth maintenance update of the long-term supported Linux 3.16 kernel series as well.
Linux kernel 3.16.36 LTS was also announced by Linux kernel developer Ben Hutchings today, June 16, 2016, immediately after he released Linux 3.2.81. Looking at the diff from the previous maintenance release, version 3.16.35, we can notice that the Linux 3.16.36 kernel is a big update that changes a total of 140 files, with 1416 insertions and 1004 deletions.
- Linux Kernel 4.9.4 Released with Various ARM/ARM64 and Networking Improvements
- Linux Kernel 4.4.42 LTS Updates USB Drivers, Improves ARM64 Support
- CentOS 7.3 (1611) Linux Distro Officially Released for ARM64/AArch64 Machines
- Alpine Linux 3.5 Hits the Streets with ZFS Support for Root, Moves to LibreSSL
- The New Linux 4.10 Kernel Features So Far: AMD Zen, TBM3, More ARM
- Linux 4.10 Gets Early Support For NVIDIA Tegra Parker, Other New ARM Support