We reported earlier on the release of the Linux 3.2.81 LTS kernel, and we promised to tell you what's new in the thirty-sixth maintenance update of the long-term supported Linux 3.16 kernel series as well.
Linux kernel 3.16.36 LTS was also announced by Linux kernel developer Ben Hutchings today, June 16, 2016, immediately after he released Linux 3.2.81. Looking at the diff from the previous maintenance release, version 3.16.35, we can notice that the Linux 3.16.36 kernel is a big update that changes a total of 140 files, with 1416 insertions and 1004 deletions.
- OpenBSD 6.1 Operating System Officially Released, Adds Kaby Lake & ARM64 Support
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Shenzhen Xunlong Releases Two Orange Pi Boards with 64-Bit ARM Processor, 2GB RAM
- NanoPi NEO 2 Board Benchmarks with Ubuntu 16.04.2 using Linux 3.10 and Linux 4.10
- Debian-Based Q4OS Linux Distro Now Available for PINE64 Single-Board Computers
- Mainline Linux on 64-bit ARM Amlogic SoCs, and TV Boxes such as Wetek Hub / Player 2, NEXBOX A1 / A95X, etc…