Today, June 27. 2016, Arjen Balfoort has announced the release and general availability of the June's updated ISO images for his SolydX and SolydK GNU/Linux distributions.
The SolydXK 201606 update is here, as expected, six months after the release of SolydXK 201512 last year in December. It brings various improvements to users of this Debian-based computer operating system that ships with multiple editions using popular desktop environments like KDE for SolydK and Xfce for SolydX.
Among the new features incorporated in the SolydXK 201606 release, we can mention the adoption of the Mozilla Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) web browser packages from the Debian GNU/Linux software repositories, replacing the custom builds that were available in previous releases of the distribution.
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Android-Based RaspAnd Linux OS for Raspberry Pi 3 Gets Better Video Performance
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- RaspAnd OS Brings Android 7.1.2 "Nougat" and Kodi 17.3 to Raspberry Pi 3 SBCs
- Raspberry Pi devices transformed into cryptocurrency miners by Linux malware
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more