Today, June 27. 2016, Arjen Balfoort has announced the release and general availability of the June's updated ISO images for his SolydX and SolydK GNU/Linux distributions.
The SolydXK 201606 update is here, as expected, six months after the release of SolydXK 201512 last year in December. It brings various improvements to users of this Debian-based computer operating system that ships with multiple editions using popular desktop environments like KDE for SolydK and Xfce for SolydX.
Among the new features incorporated in the SolydXK 201606 release, we can mention the adoption of the Mozilla Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) web browser packages from the Debian GNU/Linux software repositories, replacing the custom builds that were available in previous releases of the distribution.
- LibreELEC 8.0.0 Officially Released for Raspberry Pi SBCs with Kodi 17 "Krypton"
- Meet Flint OS, a Chromium OS Fork for Raspberry Pi & PCs That Runs Android Apps Exclusive
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1
- How to securely connect to a Raspberry Pi from anywhere
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC