Today, June 27. 2016, Arjen Balfoort has announced the release and general availability of the June's updated ISO images for his SolydX and SolydK GNU/Linux distributions.
The SolydXK 201606 update is here, as expected, six months after the release of SolydXK 201512 last year in December. It brings various improvements to users of this Debian-based computer operating system that ships with multiple editions using popular desktop environments like KDE for SolydK and Xfce for SolydX.
Among the new features incorporated in the SolydXK 201606 release, we can mention the adoption of the Mozilla Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) web browser packages from the Debian GNU/Linux software repositories, replacing the custom builds that were available in previous releases of the distribution.
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian
- LibreELEC-Based Lakka 2.0 Officially Released with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support
- Raspberry WebKiosk 6.0 Released for Raspberry Pi, Based on Raspbian Jessie Lite
- Flint OS is a Chromium OS Build for Raspberry Pi & Firefly-RK3288 Boards