Today, June 27. 2016, Arjen Balfoort has announced the release and general availability of the June's updated ISO images for his SolydX and SolydK GNU/Linux distributions.
The SolydXK 201606 update is here, as expected, six months after the release of SolydXK 201512 last year in December. It brings various improvements to users of this Debian-based computer operating system that ships with multiple editions using popular desktop environments like KDE for SolydK and Xfce for SolydX.
Among the new features incorporated in the SolydXK 201606 release, we can mention the adoption of the Mozilla Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) web browser packages from the Debian GNU/Linux software repositories, replacing the custom builds that were available in previous releases of the distribution.
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek Hub, and more
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux OS Officially Out with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support, Kodi 17.1
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Shenzhen Xunlong Releases Two Orange Pi Boards with 64-Bit ARM Processor, 2GB RAM
- FalconGate Open Source Anti-Hackers Smart Gateway Runs on Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, and other ARM Debian Boards