After reporting that his RaspEX operating system for Raspberry Pi devices woks out of the box with the official Raspberry Pi Touch Display 7-inch monitor, Arne Exton now informs us about the availability of a new RaspEX build.
RaspEX Build 160703 is a special release designed specifically for the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B single-board computer, and it incorporates the OpenCPN 4.4.0 free and open-source software that helps you create a compact navigation app and chart plotter, which you can use as a planning tool.
Of course, users will also be able to use this special build of RaspEX, which is based on the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus), Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 "Jessie," and Linaro open-source software for ARM SoCs, on the old Raspberry Pi 2 Model B single-board computers.
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Android-Based RaspAnd Linux OS for Raspberry Pi 3 Gets Better Video Performance
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- RaspAnd OS Brings Android 7.1.2 "Nougat" and Kodi 17.3 to Raspberry Pi 3 SBCs
- Raspberry Pi devices transformed into cryptocurrency miners by Linux malware
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more