After reporting that his RaspEX operating system for Raspberry Pi devices woks out of the box with the official Raspberry Pi Touch Display 7-inch monitor, Arne Exton now informs us about the availability of a new RaspEX build.
RaspEX Build 160703 is a special release designed specifically for the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B single-board computer, and it incorporates the OpenCPN 4.4.0 free and open-source software that helps you create a compact navigation app and chart plotter, which you can use as a planning tool.
Of course, users will also be able to use this special build of RaspEX, which is based on the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus), Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 "Jessie," and Linaro open-source software for ARM SoCs, on the old Raspberry Pi 2 Model B single-board computers.
- Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero: Hands on with Manjaro ARM and PiCore Linux
- Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Modules CM3 and CM3L Launched for $30 and $25
- First 64-Bit and Enterprise OS Comes to Raspberry Pi 3
- CentOS 7.3 (1611) Linux Distro Officially Released for ARM64/AArch64 Machines
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More
- OpenELEC 7.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, and WeTek Core