After informing the community about the availability of the Linux 4.6.5 and Linux 4.4.16 LTS kernel versions for GNU/Linux operating systems, Greg Kroah-Hartman published details about the seventy-fourth maintenance update for Linux 3.14 LTS.
Linux kernel 3.14.74 LTS is here for select Linux distributions that provide their users with a long-term supported kernel that receives security patches and updated components for a couple of years, compared with normal kernel releases. However, the end of life support for the Linux 3.14 LTS kernel series should be reached sometime during the month of August 2016, so this might just be the last maintenance release.
- Fedora 26 Supports Single “Unified” OS Images for Multiple ARM Platforms
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- Linux 4.12 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero