After informing the community about the availability of the Linux 4.6.5 and Linux 4.4.16 LTS kernel versions for GNU/Linux operating systems, Greg Kroah-Hartman published details about the seventy-fourth maintenance update for Linux 3.14 LTS.
Linux kernel 3.14.74 LTS is here for select Linux distributions that provide their users with a long-term supported kernel that receives security patches and updated components for a couple of years, compared with normal kernel releases. However, the end of life support for the Linux 3.14 LTS kernel series should be reached sometime during the month of August 2016, so this might just be the last maintenance release.
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- Linux Kernel 4.9.10 Has ARM, x86 and PowerPC Improvements, Updated Drivers
- Linux Kernel 4.4.49 LTS Is a Small Patch with Some ARM Fixes and Updated Drivers
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- Linux Kernel 4.9.6 Rolls Out with ARM and AArch64 Improvements, Updated Drivers
- Linux Kernel 4.4.45 LTS Is Another Small Patch, Introduces ARM Improvements