After announcing the release of Linux kernel 3.14.77 LTS and Linux kernel 4.7.2, Greg Kroah-Hartman informed the community about the availability of Linux kernel 4.4.19 LTS.
Linux kernel 4.4 is a long-term supported (LTS) branch, which is currently used by some of the most popular GNU/Linux distributions, including Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus), and it will receive maintenance updates for a few more years than normal kernel series that aren't marked as "long-term" on the kernel.org website. According to the appended shortlog, Linux Kernel 4.4.19 LTS is a major release that changes a total of 146 files , with 1709 insertions and 875 deletions.
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Linux Kernel 3.18.51 Released with MIPS, ARM, and CIFS Changes, Updated Drivers
- New ARM Support Going Into The Linux 4.12 Kernel
- Cavium ThunderX based Scaleway ARMv8 Cloud Servers Go for 2.99 Euros per Month and Up