Last year I wrote about Allo Sparky SBC Linux and Android development powered by Actions Semi S500 quad core Cortex A9 processor, which mostly differentiates itself from the competition by the many add-on boards for audio, VoIP, and IoT (WiFi+Bluetooth+Zigbee ).
While most of development boards are manufactured in China, Allo company is based in India, and all boards are manufactured there, which could be a benefit to Indian readers who want to avoid potential custom issues with other boards.
The company has shipped me their complete audio development kit, and I’ll first check out the hardware, before taking time to experiment with the kit in a few weeks or months…
I could find 6 different boards in the kit, which I detailed below, as well as a 5V/3A power supply with AU and EU adapter, a micro USB adapter, a micro SD card apparently pre-loaded with Ubuntu 12.04, a Quick Start Guide, and two Acrylic plates together with a screws and spacers set.
- NanoPi K2 Board Gets Ubuntu Core Firmware Image
- Meet ROCK64, a 4K-Capable Single-Board Computer That Can Run Android 7.1, Debian
- Ubuntu Core Now Officially Supported for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 (CM3)
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- Flint OS is a Chromium OS Build for Raspberry Pi & Firefly-RK3288 Boards