Last year I wrote about Allo Sparky SBC Linux and Android development powered by Actions Semi S500 quad core Cortex A9 processor, which mostly differentiates itself from the competition by the many add-on boards for audio, VoIP, and IoT (WiFi+Bluetooth+Zigbee ).
While most of development boards are manufactured in China, Allo company is based in India, and all boards are manufactured there, which could be a benefit to Indian readers who want to avoid potential custom issues with other boards.
The company has shipped me their complete audio development kit, and I’ll first check out the hardware, before taking time to experiment with the kit in a few weeks or months…
I could find 6 different boards in the kit, which I detailed below, as well as a 5V/3A power supply with AU and EU adapter, a micro USB adapter, a micro SD card apparently pre-loaded with Ubuntu 12.04, a Quick Start Guide, and two Acrylic plates together with a screws and spacers set.
- Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2
- Shenzhen Xunlong Software & Canonical Launch Orange Pi App Store for Ubuntu Snaps
- $6 LicheePi Zero ARM Board Runs Linux 4.10, Supports Lots of Add-On Boards (Crowdfunding)
- Debian-Based Q4OS Linux Distro Now Available for PINE64 Single-Board Computers
- Mainline Linux on 64-bit ARM Amlogic SoCs, and TV Boxes such as Wetek Hub / Player 2, NEXBOX A1 / A95X, etc…
- Q4OS for Pine64 boards released