Last year I wrote about Allo Sparky SBC Linux and Android development powered by Actions Semi S500 quad core Cortex A9 processor, which mostly differentiates itself from the competition by the many add-on boards for audio, VoIP, and IoT (WiFi+Bluetooth+Zigbee ).
While most of development boards are manufactured in China, Allo company is based in India, and all boards are manufactured there, which could be a benefit to Indian readers who want to avoid potential custom issues with other boards.
The company has shipped me their complete audio development kit, and I’ll first check out the hardware, before taking time to experiment with the kit in a few weeks or months…
I could find 6 different boards in the kit, which I detailed below, as well as a 5V/3A power supply with AU and EU adapter, a micro USB adapter, a micro SD card apparently pre-loaded with Ubuntu 12.04, a Quick Start Guide, and two Acrylic plates together with a screws and spacers set.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Modules CM3 and CM3L Launched for $30 and $25
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More
- $6 Lichee Pi One Allwinner A13 ARM Linux Board is Equipped with LCD Display and Camera Interfaces
- PINEBOOK ARM Linux Laptop Powered by Allwinner A64 Processor to Sell for $89 and Up
- Ubuntu Core 16 IoT-focused Linux distro finally available for PC and Raspberry Pi
- Gentoo-Based Sabayon 16.11 Is Out with Linux Kernel 4.8, Supports Banana Pi SBC