Immediately after announcing the release of Linux kernel 4.7.5, renowned kernel developer and maintainer Greg Kroah-Hartman informed the community about the availability of Linux kernel 4.4.22 LTS.
Linux kernel 4.4.22 LTS is the twenty-second maintenance update of the long-term supported Linux 4.4 kernel series, which is currently used in several top-notch GNU/Linux operating systems, including the popular Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus). According to the diff from the previous release, Linux kernel 4.4.21 LTS, and the appended shortlog, Linux kernel 4.4.22 LTS is here to change a total of 132 files, with 886 insertions and 449 deletions.
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- Linux Kernel 4.9.10 Has ARM, x86 and PowerPC Improvements, Updated Drivers
- Linux Kernel 4.4.49 LTS Is a Small Patch with Some ARM Fixes and Updated Drivers
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- Linux Kernel 4.9.6 Rolls Out with ARM and AArch64 Improvements, Updated Drivers
- Linux Kernel 4.4.45 LTS Is Another Small Patch, Introduces ARM Improvements