CentOS developer Jim Perrin reports on January 4, 2017, on the release and general availability of the CentOS Linux 7.3 (1611) operating system for AArch64/ARM64 machines.
CentOS Linux 7.3 (1611) is based on the freely distributed sources of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3. Coming three weeks after Karanbir Singh's announcement of CentOS Linux 7.3 (1611) on x86_64 (64-bit) hardware, as well as Fabian Arrotin's release for the CentOS userland 7.3 (1611) on ARMhf platforms, the latest version of the server-oriented operating system can now be used on AArch64 (ARM64) machines, too.
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian
- Linux Kernel 3.18.51 Released with MIPS, ARM, and CIFS Changes, Updated Drivers