Immediately after announcing the release of Linux kernel 4.9.6, kernel maintainer Greg Kroah-Hartman announced today, January 26, 2017, the release of the long-term supported Linux 4.4.45 kernel.
Just like the Linux 4.9.6 kernel, Linux kernel 4.4.45 LTS comes approximately one week after the release of the previous maintenance update of the series, namely Linux 4.4.44 LTS. Once again, it's a small patch that changes a total of 39 files, with 297 insertions and 91 deletions, according to the appended shortlog. The Linux 4.4 LTS series is the preferred choice of rock-solid and long-term supported distributions like Ubuntu 16.04.
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Shenzhen Xunlong Releases Two Orange Pi Boards with 64-Bit ARM Processor, 2GB RAM
- NanoPi NEO 2 Board Benchmarks with Ubuntu 16.04.2 using Linux 3.10 and Linux 4.10
- Orange Pi 2G-IoT ARM Linux Development Board with 2G/GSM Support is Up for Sale for $9.90
- Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2