Immediately after announcing the release of Linux kernel 4.9.6, kernel maintainer Greg Kroah-Hartman announced today, January 26, 2017, the release of the long-term supported Linux 4.4.45 kernel.
Just like the Linux 4.9.6 kernel, Linux kernel 4.4.45 LTS comes approximately one week after the release of the previous maintenance update of the series, namely Linux 4.4.44 LTS. Once again, it's a small patch that changes a total of 39 files, with 297 insertions and 91 deletions, according to the appended shortlog. The Linux 4.4 LTS series is the preferred choice of rock-solid and long-term supported distributions like Ubuntu 16.04.
- Ubuntu Core Now Officially Supported for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 (CM3)
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support