Immediately after announcing the release of Linux kernel 4.9.6, kernel maintainer Greg Kroah-Hartman announced today, January 26, 2017, the release of the long-term supported Linux 4.4.45 kernel.
Just like the Linux 4.9.6 kernel, Linux kernel 4.4.45 LTS comes approximately one week after the release of the previous maintenance update of the series, namely Linux 4.4.44 LTS. Once again, it's a small patch that changes a total of 39 files, with 297 insertions and 91 deletions, according to the appended shortlog. The Linux 4.4 LTS series is the preferred choice of rock-solid and long-term supported distributions like Ubuntu 16.04.
- Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2
- Shenzhen Xunlong Software & Canonical Launch Orange Pi App Store for Ubuntu Snaps
- FriendlyElec releases Ubuntu Linux-ready NanoPi M1 Plus -- a $30 Raspberry Pi killer
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 16.10 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1