After informing the Linux community earlier today about the general availability of the Linux 4.9.10 kernel, developer Greg Kroah-Hartman was proud to announce the release of Linux kernel 4.4.49 LTS.
You know it, every time the latest Linux 4.9 kernel series gets a maintenance update, so is the long-term supported Linux 4.4 branch, and the 4.4.49 point release is here also one week after the launch of the previous version, in this case Linux kernel 4.4.48 LTS. However, Linux kernel 4.4.49 LTS appears to be yet another small patch, and according to the appended shortlog, it changes a total of 22 files, with 87 insertions and 56 deletions.
- NanoPi NEO 2 Board Benchmarks with Ubuntu 16.04.2 using Linux 3.10 and Linux 4.10
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- Linux Kernel 4.9.10 Has ARM, x86 and PowerPC Improvements, Updated Drivers
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- Linux Kernel 4.9.6 Rolls Out with ARM and AArch64 Improvements, Updated Drivers
- Linux Kernel 4.4.45 LTS Is Another Small Patch, Introduces ARM Improvements