GNU/Linux developer Arne Exton is back with a new release, and this time he managed to publish a new build of his RaspEX Linux project for Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3 single-board computers.
RaspEX Build 170221 is is based on the software repositories of the Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety Yak) and Debian GNU/Linux 8.7 "Jessie" operating systems, as well as Linaro open source software for ARM SoCs. It uses the lightweight and fast LXDE desktop environment by default, along with the long-term supported Linux 4.4 kernel.
The Linux kernel version included in RaspEX Build 170221 is kernel 4.4.49-exton-v7+, which Arne Exton injected with various extra patches for better hardware support. The new release also adds the Wicd network manager and replaces Chromium with the Mozilla Firefox web browser because it offers uses better YouTube support.
- Android-Based RaspAnd OS Updated for Raspberry Pi 3 with Google Play Support
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 17.04 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- NanoPi K2 Board Gets Ubuntu Core Firmware Image
- SolydXK 9 Linux OS Debuts Based on Debian 9 Stretch, Drops Raspberry Pi Support