GNU/Linux developer Arne Exton is back with a new release, and this time he managed to publish a new build of his RaspEX Linux project for Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3 single-board computers.
RaspEX Build 170221 is is based on the software repositories of the Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety Yak) and Debian GNU/Linux 8.7 "Jessie" operating systems, as well as Linaro open source software for ARM SoCs. It uses the lightweight and fast LXDE desktop environment by default, along with the long-term supported Linux 4.4 kernel.
The Linux kernel version included in RaspEX Build 170221 is kernel 4.4.49-exton-v7+, which Arne Exton injected with various extra patches for better hardware support. The new release also adds the Wicd network manager and replaces Chromium with the Mozilla Firefox web browser because it offers uses better YouTube support.
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek Hub, and more
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux OS Officially Out with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support, Kodi 17.1
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Shenzhen Xunlong Releases Two Orange Pi Boards with 64-Bit ARM Processor, 2GB RAM
- NanoPi NEO 2 Board Benchmarks with Ubuntu 16.04.2 using Linux 3.10 and Linux 4.10