For some weekend benchmarking fun, I compared the Jetson TX2 that NVIDIA released this weekend with their ARM 64-bit "Denver 2" CPU cores paired with four Cortex-A57 cores to various other ARM single board computers I have access to. This is looking at the CPU performance in different benchmarks ranging from cheap ~$10 ARM SBCs to the Raspberry Pi to the Jetson TX1 and Jetson TX2.
This ARM board comparison was basically limited by the interesting ARM SBCs I had available for testing. Unfortunately my Jetson TK1 board appears to have died when flashing it this week with the latest JetPack release, so unfortunately I don't have that older Tegra board as part of this comparison. Many of these ARM boards were provided for review in the past by LoveRPi.com.
With each of the ARM boards, a best effort was made to get each of them on their latest operating system releases but with some of them they don't appear to have an official release in some time and then just a plethora of community spins, etc. The operating system details are mentioned in the Phoronix Test Suite graph for each of these boards.
- Raspbian Linux OS for Raspberry Pi Is Now Based on Debian GNU/Linux 9 "Stretch"
- Android-Based RaspAnd OS Updated for Raspberry Pi 3 with Google Play Support
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 17.04 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- NanoPi K2 Board Gets Ubuntu Core Firmware Image