For some weekend benchmarking fun, I compared the Jetson TX2 that NVIDIA released this weekend with their ARM 64-bit "Denver 2" CPU cores paired with four Cortex-A57 cores to various other ARM single board computers I have access to. This is looking at the CPU performance in different benchmarks ranging from cheap ~$10 ARM SBCs to the Raspberry Pi to the Jetson TX1 and Jetson TX2.
This ARM board comparison was basically limited by the interesting ARM SBCs I had available for testing. Unfortunately my Jetson TK1 board appears to have died when flashing it this week with the latest JetPack release, so unfortunately I don't have that older Tegra board as part of this comparison. Many of these ARM boards were provided for review in the past by LoveRPi.com.
With each of the ARM boards, a best effort was made to get each of them on their latest operating system releases but with some of them they don't appear to have an official release in some time and then just a plethora of community spins, etc. The operating system details are mentioned in the Phoronix Test Suite graph for each of these boards.
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- RaspAnd Marshmallow 6.0.1 Android OS Now Available for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- RaspAnd Now Lets Users Run Android 7.1.2 Nougat with Kodi 17.1 on Raspberry Pi 3
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices