Binary Emotions informs Softpedia today about the general availability of Raspberry WebKiosk 6.0, a major update to the Open Source project that tries to develop the cheapest possible web kiosk operating systems for Raspberry Pi SBCs.
Raspberry WebKiosk is an open-source, browser-based and very secure Linux-based operating system designed to be deployed on the computers of various public places like Internet Cafes, hotels, hospitals, schools, libraries, or offices where there's need for an inexpensive kiosk system.
"Raspberry WebKiosk is a browser-face (only the browser interface will be displayed) hacker-proof operating system for Internet browsing purposes, which protects users’ privacy: after every reboot, browser will be kept back to the default state and downloaded files will be deleted," reads the announcement.
- Android-Based RaspAnd OS Updated for Raspberry Pi 3 with Google Play Support
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 17.04 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- SolydXK 9 Linux OS Debuts Based on Debian 9 Stretch, Drops Raspberry Pi Support
- Mozilla launches Project Things IoT framework on Raspberry Pi