Binary Emotions informs Softpedia today about the general availability of Raspberry WebKiosk 6.0, a major update to the Open Source project that tries to develop the cheapest possible web kiosk operating systems for Raspberry Pi SBCs.
Raspberry WebKiosk is an open-source, browser-based and very secure Linux-based operating system designed to be deployed on the computers of various public places like Internet Cafes, hotels, hospitals, schools, libraries, or offices where there's need for an inexpensive kiosk system.
"Raspberry WebKiosk is a browser-face (only the browser interface will be displayed) hacker-proof operating system for Internet browsing purposes, which protects users’ privacy: after every reboot, browser will be kept back to the default state and downloaded files will be deleted," reads the announcement.
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Android-Based RaspAnd Linux OS for Raspberry Pi 3 Gets Better Video Performance
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- RaspAnd OS Brings Android 7.1.2 "Nougat" and Kodi 17.3 to Raspberry Pi 3 SBCs
- Raspberry Pi devices transformed into cryptocurrency miners by Linux malware
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more