It looks to us like the Linux 3.18 kernel series is not dead, at least not at the moment, as Greg Kroah-Hartman just announced a few moments ago the release of third maintenance update since the branch reached end of life back in February 2017.
That's right, we're talking about Linux kernel 3.18.51, which comes about eight days after the Linux 3.18.50 patch released last week. According to the appended shortlog, Linux kernel 3.18.51 is here to change a total of 62 files, with 408 insertions and 286 deletions, and users are once again encouraged to update their systems running a kernel from the Linux 3.18 series at their earliest convenience.
- Linux 4.12 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- New ARM Support Going Into The Linux 4.12 Kernel