The final release of the Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0.0 "Jessie" operating system is almost here, and a second Release Candidate (RC) milestone just hit the streets today with a great number of improvements and bug fixes.
The Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0.0 "Jessie" RC2 release is here only two weeks after the first Release Candidate to solve various issues with signing keys, as well as to add non-free and free firmware packages in both minimal-live and desktop-live ISO images, along with a script that lets users remove all non-free firmware packages.
As Devuan project's vision is to ship a systemd-free version of the Debian GNU/Linux operating system, this second Release Candidate also adds a systemd-free version of NetworkManager, and includes a bunch of extra libsystemd0-free packages in the jessie-proposed repository.
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- RaspAnd Marshmallow 6.0.1 Android OS Now Available for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- RaspAnd Now Lets Users Run Android 7.1.2 Nougat with Kodi 17.1 on Raspberry Pi 3
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian