The OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) Linux Media Center operating system based on Debian GNU/Linux received a new major update that brings a great number of improvements and bug fixes.
For those unfamiliar with OSMC, it's an open-source and free GNU/Linux distro for embedded devices, based on the popular Kodi Media Center. Its main design goal is to be one of the best solutions for transforming small appliances into low-cost HTPC (Home Theatre Personal Computer) systems.
The latest release, OSMC 2017.04-1, is here with UUID support and better boot times for OSMC installations based on Raspberry Pi Foundation's NOOBS images, better HEVC playback performance on Raspberry Pi SBCs, Live TV audio passthrough support on Vero 2, as well as Btrfs file system improvements for Vero 4K.
- Fedora 26 Supports Single “Unified” OS Images for Multiple ARM Platforms
- Android-Based RaspAnd OS Updated for Raspberry Pi 3 with Google Play Support
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 17.04 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- SolydXK 9 Linux OS Debuts Based on Debian 9 Stretch, Drops Raspberry Pi Support