After informing us about the availability of a new build of his RaspAnd Nougat operating system for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs based on Android 7.1.2, Arne Exton released an updated RaspAnd Marshmallow 6 version.
RaspAnd Marshmallow 6.0.1 Build 170521 is today available for those who want to install and use the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow mobile operating system on their tiny, yet powerful Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 2 single-board computers. It ships with the latest Kodi 17.1 media center, and other updated components.
Noteworthy applications pre-installed in RaspAnd Marshmallow 6.0.1 Build 170521, we can mention the Aptoide 184.108.40.206 and Aptoide TV 3.2.1 package managers for installing third-party apps, SnapTube 220.127.116.1139 for downloading videos from YouTube, and Google Play Store for installing official Android apps.
- Raspbian Linux OS for Raspberry Pi Is Now Based on Debian GNU/Linux 9 "Stretch"
- Android-Based RaspAnd OS Updated for Raspberry Pi 3 with Google Play Support
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 17.04 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- SolydXK 9 Linux OS Debuts Based on Debian 9 Stretch, Drops Raspberry Pi Support