Ludovic Courtès of the GNU Guix project was happy to announce today the release and general availability of the GuixSD GNU/Linux 0.13.0 distribution and the GNU Guix 0.13.0 package manager.
The GNU Guix and GuixSD 0.13.0 releases are here about five months after the December 2016 launch of version 0.12.0, and it appears to be a major milestone implementing a few important changes. First off, this release can now be installed on computers powered by AArch64 (64-bit ARM) processors.
"This release does not include a binary installation tarball though, and our build farm does not provide AArch64 substitutes yet. We are looking for AArch64 hardware to address this. Please get in touch with us if you can help," said Ludovic Courtès in today's announcement. "Likewise, this release no longer includes a mips64el tarball."
- Raspbian Linux OS for Raspberry Pi Is Now Based on Debian GNU/Linux 9 "Stretch"
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- SolydXK 9 Linux OS Debuts Based on Debian 9 Stretch, Drops Raspberry Pi Support
- Mozilla launches Project Things IoT framework on Raspberry Pi
- Meet ROCK64, a 4K-Capable Single-Board Computer That Can Run Android 7.1, Debian
- Raspberry Pi Foundation's Raspbian OS to Soon Be Rebased on Debian 9 "Stretch"