Ludovic Courtès of the GNU Guix project was happy to announce today the release and general availability of the GuixSD GNU/Linux 0.13.0 distribution and the GNU Guix 0.13.0 package manager.
The GNU Guix and GuixSD 0.13.0 releases are here about five months after the December 2016 launch of version 0.12.0, and it appears to be a major milestone implementing a few important changes. First off, this release can now be installed on computers powered by AArch64 (64-bit ARM) processors.
"This release does not include a binary installation tarball though, and our build farm does not provide AArch64 substitutes yet. We are looking for AArch64 hardware to address this. Please get in touch with us if you can help," said Ludovic Courtès in today's announcement. "Likewise, this release no longer includes a mips64el tarball."
- Raspberry Pi Foundation's Raspbian OS to Soon Be Rebased on Debian 9 "Stretch"
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian