Ricardo Salveti de Araujo, from Linaro, displays the improvements Linaro have added to Ubuntu on ARM. Ubuntu on ARM: Improvements and Optimizations Done by Linaro Since Linaro's start, there was a need to have a supported platform for ARM, that could use the Linaro changes, to improve the ARM experience in general and to show the results of the work done by Linaro.
In this session, it'll be presented why Ubuntu was selected as the base platform for Linaro, describing the benefits and the areas Linaro is continuously investing to improve it. It'll also be described the current state of the platform, showing some of Linaro's achievements and also how we're working to support the main SoC boards available, like Panda, Beagle, Origen, iMX53 and Snowball with the latest development by Ubuntu and Canonical, like Ubuntu TV, Phone and Tablet. Ricardo Salveti de Araujo, Linaro Ricardo Salveti leads the Linaro Developer Platform team...
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More
- $6 Lichee Pi One Allwinner A13 ARM Linux Board is Equipped with LCD Display and Camera Interfaces
- GCC Tackling Support For ARMv8-M Security Extensions
- PINEBOOK ARM Linux Laptop Powered by Allwinner A64 Processor to Sell for $89 and Up
- Ubuntu Core 16 IoT-focused Linux distro finally available for PC and Raspberry Pi
- Ubuntu Snappy Core 16 Release Candidate 2 Out Now with Raspberry Pi 3 Fixes