Ricardo Salveti de Araujo, from Linaro, displays the improvements Linaro have added to Ubuntu on ARM. Ubuntu on ARM: Improvements and Optimizations Done by Linaro Since Linaro's start, there was a need to have a supported platform for ARM, that could use the Linaro changes, to improve the ARM experience in general and to show the results of the work done by Linaro.
In this session, it'll be presented why Ubuntu was selected as the base platform for Linaro, describing the benefits and the areas Linaro is continuously investing to improve it. It'll also be described the current state of the platform, showing some of Linaro's achievements and also how we're working to support the main SoC boards available, like Panda, Beagle, Origen, iMX53 and Snowball with the latest development by Ubuntu and Canonical, like Ubuntu TV, Phone and Tablet. Ricardo Salveti de Araujo, Linaro Ricardo Salveti leads the Linaro Developer Platform team...
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC
- Linux Kernel 4.4.45 LTS Is Another Small Patch, Introduces ARM Improvements
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More
- $6 Lichee Pi One Allwinner A13 ARM Linux Board is Equipped with LCD Display and Camera Interfaces