Canonical thinks that the ARM servers are the way of the future, and they are doing everything in their power to assure themselves that they're ready for the massive adoption of low-powered servers.
Victor Palau, commercial engineering director at Canonical, has gone to some length trying to explain why ARM is probably the best solution for servers.
The Canonical director has explained that Dell and HP already jumped on board the ARM wagon and that they are going to have solutions that involve the Ubuntu operating system.
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 17.04 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- NanoPi K2 Board Gets Ubuntu Core Firmware Image
- Ubuntu Core Now Officially Supported for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 (CM3)
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10