Qualcomm developers have posted their new mac80211 driver for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA98xx 802.11ac wireless adapters for use with the Linux kernel.
Compared to the commonly-used Atheros ath9k driver, a firmware now needs to be loaded for this new 802.11ac Atheros network hardware, which made it necessary to implement the hardware support in the fork of a new driver, which is dubbed ath10k.
- Latest LibreELEC 8.0 Beta Updates Linux Kernel Support Patches for Raspberry Pi
- Linux Kernel 4.9.4 Released with Various ARM/ARM64 and Networking Improvements
- Linux Kernel 4.4.42 LTS Updates USB Drivers, Improves ARM64 Support
- The New Linux 4.10 Kernel Features So Far: AMD Zen, TBM3, More ARM
- Linux 4.10 Gets Early Support For NVIDIA Tegra Parker, Other New ARM Support
- Linux 4.9 Release – Main Changes, ARM and MIPS Architectures