Timesys announced embedded Linux support for a pair of computer-on-modules that combine CPU, DSP, and FPGA functions on tiny, SODIMM-style cards. Critical Link’s MityDSP-L138 series COMs are based on a Texas Instruments OMAP-L138 ARM9+DSP system-on-chip processor, along with an optional Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA.
According to Critical Link, the MityDSP-L138 series COMs are designed for cost-sensitive applications requiring fixed-function coprocessing and power management in markets including industrial automation, communications and telecom, and medical.
- LibreELEC 8.0.0 Officially Released for Raspberry Pi SBCs with Kodi 17 "Krypton"
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC
- How to Install Domoticz Home Automation System in NanoPi NEO and Other ARM Linux Boards
- Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Modules CM3 and CM3L Launched for $30 and $25
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More