The folks who brought us the PengPod line of 7 and 10 inch tablets which can run Android, Ubuntu, or other Linux-based operating systems are back, and this time they want to offer an iPad-sized tablet with a high-resolution display and a quad-core processor.
While there’s already a working prototype, the PengPod1040 will only go into production if the team can raise at least $349 in pre-orders through an Indiegogo campaign. You’ll be able to reserve a tablet for a pledge of $249 (or $220 if you’re one of the first 100 people to claim an early bird special). But if the campaign doesn’t reach its goal no money will be charged.
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- Linux Kernel 4.4.45 LTS Is Another Small Patch, Introduces ARM Improvements
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More
- $6 Lichee Pi One Allwinner A13 ARM Linux Board is Equipped with LCD Display and Camera Interfaces
- Firefox 50 for ARM devices