Ugoos UM3 is another minic PC powered by Rockchip RK3288 SoC with 8GB storage, 2GB RAM. It has Wi-Fi, but no Ethernet, so it looks like the offspring between a full-sized TV box and an HDMI stick. The company sent me a sample for evaluation pre-loaded with a dual boot image with Android 4.4 & Ubuntu 14.10. I’ll start by unboxing, and opening the device, before testing the dual boot image another day.
... The first thing I’ve noticed is the lack of heatsink on RK3288 processor, and based on how hot RK3288 gets on other devices, it’s a little worrying… The board is called TRD6_V1.0, and has been manufactured/designed on 2014/10/14. The Wi-Fi module is AP6335 with support for 802.11 b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 as advertised, 4 NANYA NT5CB256M16CP-DII DDR3-1600 chips provide the 2GB RAM, and a SAMSUNG KLM8G1WEMB-B031 eMMC flash the 8GB internal storage. The flash delivers a read speed of 100MB/s, and a write speed of 6MB/s only, according to a SAMSUNG eMMC document.
- NanoPi K2 Board Gets Ubuntu Core Firmware Image
- Ubuntu Core Now Officially Supported for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 (CM3)
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard