Linaro Ltd, the not-for-profit engineering organization developing open source software for the ARM® architecture, today announced the launch of the 96Boards initiative.
96Boards is the first open hardware specification that provides a platform for the delivery of compatible low cost, small footprint 32-bit and 64-bit Cortex-A boards from the full range of ARM SoC vendors. Standardized expansion buses for peripheral I/O, display and cameras allow the hardware ecosystem to develop a range of compatible add-on products that will work on any 96Boards product over the lifetime of the platform.
In addition, the 96Boards website at www.96Boards.org provides software downloads and updates, information on products compatible with 96Boards and a forum for software developers, makers and OEMs.
- Flint OS is a Chromium OS Build for Raspberry Pi & Firefly-RK3288 Boards
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Open Source ARM Compute Library Released with NEON and OpenCL Accelerated Functions for Computer Vision, Machine Learning
- NanoPi NEO 2 Board Benchmarks with Ubuntu 16.04.2 using Linux 3.10 and Linux 4.10
- Orange Pi 2G-IoT ARM Linux Development Board with 2G/GSM Support is Up for Sale for $9.90
- FalconGate Open Source Anti-Hackers Smart Gateway Runs on Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, and other ARM Debian Boards