With the next kernel -- regardless of whether it be known as Linux 3.20 or Linux 4.0 -- it will contain support for new ARM platforms.
This morning Olof Johansson sent in his various ARM Linux pull requests for the 3.20 merge window. From the series, the new 64-bit ARM Linux platform support includes the Samsung Exynos 7, Freescale LS2085a, and Mediatek MT8173.
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- RaspAnd OS Brings Android 7.1.2 "Nougat" and Kodi 17.3 to Raspberry Pi 3 SBCs
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support