With the next kernel -- regardless of whether it be known as Linux 3.20 or Linux 4.0 -- it will contain support for new ARM platforms.
This morning Olof Johansson sent in his various ARM Linux pull requests for the 3.20 merge window. From the series, the new 64-bit ARM Linux platform support includes the Samsung Exynos 7, Freescale LS2085a, and Mediatek MT8173.
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- How to securely connect to a Raspberry Pi from anywhere
- Linux Kernel 4.9.10 Has ARM, x86 and PowerPC Improvements, Updated Drivers
- Linux Kernel 4.4.49 LTS Is a Small Patch with Some ARM Fixes and Updated Drivers
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC
- Linux Kernel 4.9.6 Rolls Out with ARM and AArch64 Improvements, Updated Drivers