Announced last month was the HiKey 8-core 64-bit ARM development board being based upon the HiSilicon Cortex-A53 SoC. This HiKey board came out of 96Boards as the first certified board by the Linaro Community Board Group. I happen to have some early benchmarks of this eight-core AArch64 development board running Linaro/Debian.
One of my contacts at MIT who previously worked on the ARM 96-core solar-powered super computer happened to receive an early HiKey development board with the eight Cortex-A53 cores. Kurt has been running some benchmarks on this board -- using the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org, of course. I also received SSH access to this system for running a few more tests.
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Cavium ThunderX based Scaleway ARMv8 Cloud Servers Go for 2.99 Euros per Month and Up
- Raspberry WebKiosk 6.0 Released for Raspberry Pi, Based on Raspbian Jessie Lite
- Flint OS is a Chromium OS Build for Raspberry Pi & Firefly-RK3288 Boards