Announced last month was the HiKey 8-core 64-bit ARM development board being based upon the HiSilicon Cortex-A53 SoC. This HiKey board came out of 96Boards as the first certified board by the Linaro Community Board Group. I happen to have some early benchmarks of this eight-core AArch64 development board running Linaro/Debian.
One of my contacts at MIT who previously worked on the ARM 96-core solar-powered super computer happened to receive an early HiKey development board with the eight Cortex-A53 cores. Kurt has been running some benchmarks on this board -- using the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org, of course. I also received SSH access to this system for running a few more tests.
- Phoronix Test Suite 7.0.1 Released With Minor Enhancements For ARM, New Module Options
- And here it comes the new Embedded Linux Education Kit, based on UDOO Neo
- The anatomy of a powerful desktop with an ARM chip
- Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2
- Shenzhen Xunlong Software & Canonical Launch Orange Pi App Store for Ubuntu Snaps
- $6 LicheePi Zero ARM Board Runs Linux 4.10, Supports Lots of Add-On Boards (Crowdfunding)