Announced last month was the HiKey 8-core 64-bit ARM development board being based upon the HiSilicon Cortex-A53 SoC. This HiKey board came out of 96Boards as the first certified board by the Linaro Community Board Group. I happen to have some early benchmarks of this eight-core AArch64 development board running Linaro/Debian.
One of my contacts at MIT who previously worked on the ARM 96-core solar-powered super computer happened to receive an early HiKey development board with the eight Cortex-A53 cores. Kurt has been running some benchmarks on this board -- using the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org, of course. I also received SSH access to this system for running a few more tests.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Modules CM3 and CM3L Launched for $30 and $25
- Linux Kernel 4.9.4 Released with Various ARM/ARM64 and Networking Improvements
- Linux Kernel 4.4.42 LTS Updates USB Drivers, Improves ARM64 Support
- CentOS 7.3 (1611) Linux Distro Officially Released for ARM64/AArch64 Machines
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More
- $6 Lichee Pi One Allwinner A13 ARM Linux Board is Equipped with LCD Display and Camera Interfaces