Announced last month was the HiKey 8-core 64-bit ARM development board being based upon the HiSilicon Cortex-A53 SoC. This HiKey board came out of 96Boards as the first certified board by the Linaro Community Board Group. I happen to have some early benchmarks of this eight-core AArch64 development board running Linaro/Debian.
One of my contacts at MIT who previously worked on the ARM 96-core solar-powered super computer happened to receive an early HiKey development board with the eight Cortex-A53 cores. Kurt has been running some benchmarks on this board -- using the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org, of course. I also received SSH access to this system for running a few more tests.
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC
- Linux Kernel 4.9.6 Rolls Out with ARM and AArch64 Improvements, Updated Drivers
- SolydXK Linux OS Gets First ISO Respins for 2017, Raspberry Pi Build Also Out
- How to Install Domoticz Home Automation System in NanoPi NEO and Other ARM Linux Boards
- Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Modules CM3 and CM3L Launched for $30 and $25
- Linux Kernel 4.9.4 Released with Various ARM/ARM64 and Networking Improvements