Arne Exton had the pleasure of informing Softpedia about a new distribution of GNU/Linux created from the ground up for the Raspberry Pi 2 tiny computer board and called RaspArch.
As its name might suggest, RaspArch is an ARM operating system derived from the lightweight and powerful Arch Linux distro. It boasts a custom Linux 3.18.11 LTS kernel and LXDE (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment).
In fact, RaspArch is a remaster of the Arch Linux ARM operating system that features a traditional desktop environment and some of the most popular open-source applications, including the Mozilla Firefox web browser and GIMP image editor.
- Flint OS is a Chromium OS Build for Raspberry Pi & Firefly-RK3288 Boards
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek Hub, and more
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux OS Officially Out with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support, Kodi 17.1
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- FalconGate Open Source Anti-Hackers Smart Gateway Runs on Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, and other ARM Debian Boards