Going back many months there's been work on adding ACPI support to ARM64/AArch64. That long journey may now be wrapping up with a pending pull request for landing full ACPI support for 64-bit ARM in Linux 4.1.
Will Deacon sent in the "ACPI for arm64" pull request today with there already being 64-bit ARM hardware on the market that supports booting with ACPI tables -- or FDT tables. ACPI for ARM is possible in the latest revisions to the specification and Linaro has been focused on making the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface a reality for this x86 competitor.
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- RaspAnd OS Brings Android 7.1.2 "Nougat" and Kodi 17.3 to Raspberry Pi 3 SBCs
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support