Going back many months there's been work on adding ACPI support to ARM64/AArch64. That long journey may now be wrapping up with a pending pull request for landing full ACPI support for 64-bit ARM in Linux 4.1.
Will Deacon sent in the "ACPI for arm64" pull request today with there already being 64-bit ARM hardware on the market that supports booting with ACPI tables -- or FDT tables. ACPI for ARM is possible in the latest revisions to the specification and Linaro has been focused on making the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface a reality for this x86 competitor.
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Linux Kernel 3.18.51 Released with MIPS, ARM, and CIFS Changes, Updated Drivers
- LibreELEC-Based Lakka 2.0 Officially Released with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support
- New ARM Support Going Into The Linux 4.12 Kernel