Ugoos launched a $179 “UT3S” TV-PC that dual boots Android 4.4 and Ubuntu 14.10 on a 1.8GHz quad-core Cortex-A17 Rockchip RK3288, and supports 4Kx2K video.
Finding a media player or mini-PC that runs Android is easy, but finding one that ships with other species of Linux pre-installed is a bit trickier. Now Ugoos has released a TV-focused Ugoos UT3S mini-PC that can run either Android 4.4 or Ubuntu 14.10 in dual-boot mode.
Whereas Ugoos’s earlier Android-based UM2 stick-PC and UT2 mini-PC used the quad-core, Cortex-A9 Rockchip RK3188 SoC clocked to 1.6GHz, the UT3S moves up to the quad-core, Cortex-A17 RK3288 at 1.8GHz. The RK3288, which ships with ARM’s Mali-T764 GPU, is also found in new Android media players including the Tronsmart Orion R28.
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- RaspAnd Now Lets You Run Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Kodi 17 RC4 on Raspberry Pi 3
- Linux Kernel 4.4.45 LTS Is Another Small Patch, Introduces ARM Improvements
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More
- $6 Lichee Pi One Allwinner A13 ARM Linux Board is Equipped with LCD Display and Camera Interfaces