From the creator of numerous GNU/Linux distributions, we are happy to introduce you today to RaspEX, a distro based on the Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (Jessie) and designed to run on the Raspberry Pi 2 computer board.
The latest build of the RaspEX distribution is based on the recently released Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (Jessie) and Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) operating systems. Additionally, it's also based on Linaro, an open source software for ARM SoCs.
Among the applications installed on RaspEX, we can mention the XMMS2 audio player, Xarchiver archive manager, Vim advanced Vi editor, Synaptic Package Manager, and QEMU virtual machine manager. The default desktop environment is LXDE (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment).
- How to Install Domoticz Home Automation System in NanoPi NEO and Other ARM Linux Boards
- Latest LibreELEC 8.0 Beta Updates Linux Kernel Support Patches for Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero: Hands on with Manjaro ARM and PiCore Linux
- Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Modules CM3 and CM3L Launched for $30 and $25
- First 64-Bit and Enterprise OS Comes to Raspberry Pi 3
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More