From the creator of numerous GNU/Linux distributions, we are happy to introduce you today to RaspEX, a distro based on the Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (Jessie) and designed to run on the Raspberry Pi 2 computer board.
The latest build of the RaspEX distribution is based on the recently released Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (Jessie) and Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) operating systems. Additionally, it's also based on Linaro, an open source software for ARM SoCs.
Among the applications installed on RaspEX, we can mention the XMMS2 audio player, Xarchiver archive manager, Vim advanced Vi editor, Synaptic Package Manager, and QEMU virtual machine manager. The default desktop environment is LXDE (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment).
- Flint OS is a Chromium OS Build for Raspberry Pi & Firefly-RK3288 Boards
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek Hub, and more
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux OS Officially Out with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support, Kodi 17.1
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Shenzhen Xunlong Releases Two Orange Pi Boards with 64-Bit ARM Processor, 2GB RAM