From the creator of numerous GNU/Linux distributions, we are happy to introduce you today to RaspEX, a distro based on the Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (Jessie) and designed to run on the Raspberry Pi 2 computer board.
The latest build of the RaspEX distribution is based on the recently released Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (Jessie) and Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) operating systems. Additionally, it's also based on Linaro, an open source software for ARM SoCs.
Among the applications installed on RaspEX, we can mention the XMMS2 audio player, Xarchiver archive manager, Vim advanced Vi editor, Synaptic Package Manager, and QEMU virtual machine manager. The default desktop environment is LXDE (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment).
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Android-Based RaspAnd Linux OS for Raspberry Pi 3 Gets Better Video Performance
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- RaspAnd OS Brings Android 7.1.2 "Nougat" and Kodi 17.3 to Raspberry Pi 3 SBCs
- Raspberry Pi devices transformed into cryptocurrency miners by Linux malware
- Freeing an HP Chromebook 11 with Arch Linux ARM