From the creator of numerous GNU/Linux distributions, we are happy to introduce you today to RaspEX, a distro based on the Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (Jessie) and designed to run on the Raspberry Pi 2 computer board.
The latest build of the RaspEX distribution is based on the recently released Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (Jessie) and Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) operating systems. Additionally, it's also based on Linaro, an open source software for ARM SoCs.
Among the applications installed on RaspEX, we can mention the XMMS2 audio player, Xarchiver archive manager, Vim advanced Vi editor, Synaptic Package Manager, and QEMU virtual machine manager. The default desktop environment is LXDE (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment).
- LibreELEC 8.0.1 Is Out Based on Kodi 17.1, Adds Support for Raspberry Pi Zero W
- The anatomy of a powerful desktop with an ARM chip
- Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2
- Shenzhen Xunlong Software & Canonical Launch Orange Pi App Store for Ubuntu Snaps
- NetBSD 7.1 Is Out with Support for Raspberry Pi Zero, Better Linux Compatibility
- How to Control Your Air Conditioner with Raspberry Pi Board and ANAVI Infrared pHAT