From the creator of numerous GNU/Linux distributions, we are happy to introduce you today to RaspEX, a distro based on the Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (Jessie) and designed to run on the Raspberry Pi 2 computer board.
The latest build of the RaspEX distribution is based on the recently released Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (Jessie) and Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) operating systems. Additionally, it's also based on Linaro, an open source software for ARM SoCs.
Among the applications installed on RaspEX, we can mention the XMMS2 audio player, Xarchiver archive manager, Vim advanced Vi editor, Synaptic Package Manager, and QEMU virtual machine manager. The default desktop environment is LXDE (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment).
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 16.10 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- LibreELEC 8.0.0 Officially Released for Raspberry Pi SBCs with Kodi 17 "Krypton"
- Meet Flint OS, a Chromium OS Fork for Raspberry Pi & PCs That Runs Android Apps Exclusive
- Linux 4.10 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architectures
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1
- How to securely connect to a Raspberry Pi from anywhere