We are pleased to announce the public alpha release of CentOS Linux 7 for AArch64 compatible hardware. This is the initial alpha release based on CentOS Linux 7 1503 ( Rebuilt from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 sources ), with architecture and modifications patching as necessary.
Because this hardware is very new and support for it is still evolving, there is no expectation for kernel ABI compatibility. Additionally, until the alpha period ends both the OS repository and the Updates repository are subject to change. This release was built on an X-Gene system from Applied Micro. We are working to test against other platforms to ensure broad compatibility.
- COM runs Linux on tiny, power-sipping, 64-bit Cortex-A53 SoC
- RaspAnd Now Lets You Run Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Kodi 17 RC4 on Raspberry Pi 3
- Linux Kernel 4.9.6 Rolls Out with ARM and AArch64 Improvements, Updated Drivers
- SolydXK Linux OS Gets First ISO Respins for 2017, Raspberry Pi Build Also Out
- Latest LibreELEC 8.0 Beta Updates Linux Kernel Support Patches for Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero: Hands on with Manjaro ARM and PiCore Linux