If you plan on building ARM devices powered by a Linux kernel-based operating system, then you should know that the excellent CentOS distribution is now available for download for ARM64 (AArch64) hardware architectures.
One of our readers informed us recently that there is an official image of the latest version of the CentOS 7 Linux operating system available for download on the main centos.org servers. CentOS is derived from Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
The compressed disk image of CentOS 7 for the AArch64 (64-bit ARM) architecture has been designed primarily for ARM enthusiasts and hardware vendors interested in porting their platform to the open source CentOS Linux operating system.
- $6 LicheePi Zero ARM Board Runs Linux 4.10, Supports Lots of Add-On Boards (Crowdfunding)
- Debian-Based Q4OS Linux Distro Now Available for PINE64 Single-Board Computers
- Mainline Linux on 64-bit ARM Amlogic SoCs, and TV Boxes such as Wetek Hub / Player 2, NEXBOX A1 / A95X, etc…
- Q4OS for Pine64 boards released
- Manjaro-Arm Linux for embedded devices shutting down due to lack of contributors
- LibreELEC 8.0.0 Officially Released for Raspberry Pi SBCs with Kodi 17 "Krypton"