If you plan on building ARM devices powered by a Linux kernel-based operating system, then you should know that the excellent CentOS distribution is now available for download for ARM64 (AArch64) hardware architectures.
One of our readers informed us recently that there is an official image of the latest version of the CentOS 7 Linux operating system available for download on the main centos.org servers. CentOS is derived from Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
The compressed disk image of CentOS 7 for the AArch64 (64-bit ARM) architecture has been designed primarily for ARM enthusiasts and hardware vendors interested in porting their platform to the open source CentOS Linux operating system.
- Flint OS is a Chromium OS Build for Raspberry Pi & Firefly-RK3288 Boards
- OpenBSD 6.1 Operating System Officially Released, Adds Kaby Lake & ARM64 Support
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek Hub, and more
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- Shenzhen Xunlong Releases Two Orange Pi Boards with 64-Bit ARM Processor, 2GB RAM
- $6 LicheePi Zero ARM Board Runs Linux 4.10, Supports Lots of Add-On Boards (Crowdfunding)