If you plan on building ARM devices powered by a Linux kernel-based operating system, then you should know that the excellent CentOS distribution is now available for download for ARM64 (AArch64) hardware architectures.
One of our readers informed us recently that there is an official image of the latest version of the CentOS 7 Linux operating system available for download on the main centos.org servers. CentOS is derived from Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
The compressed disk image of CentOS 7 for the AArch64 (64-bit ARM) architecture has been designed primarily for ARM enthusiasts and hardware vendors interested in porting their platform to the open source CentOS Linux operating system.
- Latest LibreELEC 8.0 Beta Updates Linux Kernel Support Patches for Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero: Hands on with Manjaro ARM and PiCore Linux
- Linux Kernel 4.9.4 Released with Various ARM/ARM64 and Networking Improvements
- Linux Kernel 4.4.42 LTS Updates USB Drivers, Improves ARM64 Support
- CentOS 7.3 (1611) Linux Distro Officially Released for ARM64/AArch64 Machines
- Banana Pi BPI-R2 Router Board Powered by Mediatek MT7623A Quad Core Processor Comes with 5 GbE Ports, SATA, and More