If you plan on building ARM devices powered by a Linux kernel-based operating system, then you should know that the excellent CentOS distribution is now available for download for ARM64 (AArch64) hardware architectures.
One of our readers informed us recently that there is an official image of the latest version of the CentOS 7 Linux operating system available for download on the main centos.org servers. CentOS is derived from Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
The compressed disk image of CentOS 7 for the AArch64 (64-bit ARM) architecture has been designed primarily for ARM enthusiasts and hardware vendors interested in porting their platform to the open source CentOS Linux operating system.
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian