It's been more than six months since the OpenWrt developers announced the release of the OpenWrt "Barrier Breaker" 14.07 custom firmware for routers, but today they've just informed us of the immediate availability for download of the first Release Candidate version of the upcoming OpenWrt "Chaos Calmer" 15.05 update.
According to the release notes, the biggest feature of the OpenWrt "Chaos Calmer" 15.05 RC1 release is the upgrade to the LTS (Long Term Support) Linux kernel 3.18, which should add support for new devices. Additionally, the release includes improved security features like support for jails, hardened builds, and a revised package signing architecture derived from ed25519.
- Raspbian Linux OS for Raspberry Pi Is Now Based on Debian GNU/Linux 9 "Stretch"
- Fedora 26 Supports Single “Unified” OS Images for Multiple ARM Platforms
- Android-Based RaspAnd OS Updated for Raspberry Pi 3 with Google Play Support
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 17.04 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- Canonical Starts Work on a Linux 4.12 Kernel for Ubuntu 17.10 for Raspberry Pi 2
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now