It's been more than six months since the OpenWrt developers announced the release of the OpenWrt "Barrier Breaker" 14.07 custom firmware for routers, but today they've just informed us of the immediate availability for download of the first Release Candidate version of the upcoming OpenWrt "Chaos Calmer" 15.05 update.
According to the release notes, the biggest feature of the OpenWrt "Chaos Calmer" 15.05 RC1 release is the upgrade to the LTS (Long Term Support) Linux kernel 3.18, which should add support for new devices. Additionally, the release includes improved security features like support for jails, hardened builds, and a revised package signing architecture derived from ed25519.
- $40 NanoPi K2 Board Powered by Amlogic S905 Processor Competes with ODROID-C2, Raspberry Pi 3
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux distribution now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek Hub, and more
- OpenELEC 8.0 Linux OS Officially Out with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support, Kodi 17.1
- Azul Systems’ Zulu Embedded is a Build of OpenJDK for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and x86 Compliant with Java SE standard
- NanoPi NEO 2 Board Benchmarks with Ubuntu 16.04.2 using Linux 3.10 and Linux 4.10
- FalconGate Open Source Anti-Hackers Smart Gateway Runs on Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, and other ARM Debian Boards