It's been more than six months since the OpenWrt developers announced the release of the OpenWrt "Barrier Breaker" 14.07 custom firmware for routers, but today they've just informed us of the immediate availability for download of the first Release Candidate version of the upcoming OpenWrt "Chaos Calmer" 15.05 update.
According to the release notes, the biggest feature of the OpenWrt "Chaos Calmer" 15.05 RC1 release is the upgrade to the LTS (Long Term Support) Linux kernel 3.18, which should add support for new devices. Additionally, the release includes improved security features like support for jails, hardened builds, and a revised package signing architecture derived from ed25519.
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Android-Based RaspAnd Linux OS for Raspberry Pi 3 Gets Better Video Performance
- Ubuntu's Snapd Daemon Now Works Properly on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero
- RaspAnd OS Brings Android 7.1.2 "Nougat" and Kodi 17.3 to Raspberry Pi 3 SBCs
- Raspberry Pi devices transformed into cryptocurrency miners by Linux malware
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more