F&S has launched an 80 x 50mm COM that runs Linux on a Freescale i.MX6, and offers optional industrial temperature support and a Pico-ITX sized baseboard.
Germany’s F&S Elektronik Systeme, which has previously released Linux-ready computer-on-modules such as the Freescale i.MX6 SoloX-based Efus A9X and Freescale Vybrid driven PCOMnetA5, has again selected Freescale with its new i.MX6-based “PicoMODA9″ COM. The 80 x 50mm module runs the company’s own Buildroot-based “BRIX” Linux distribution in addition to Windows Embedded Compact. The PicoMODA9 plugs into the bottom of an optional Pico-ITX form factor Starterkit carrier board in a sandwich-style configuration via a “robust” 140-pin plug connector, says F&S.
- OpenELEC 8.0.4 Kodi-focused Linux distro now available for PC, Raspberry Pi, WeTek, and more
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices