F&S has launched an 80 x 50mm COM that runs Linux on a Freescale i.MX6, and offers optional industrial temperature support and a Pico-ITX sized baseboard.
Germany’s F&S Elektronik Systeme, which has previously released Linux-ready computer-on-modules such as the Freescale i.MX6 SoloX-based Efus A9X and Freescale Vybrid driven PCOMnetA5, has again selected Freescale with its new i.MX6-based “PicoMODA9″ COM. The 80 x 50mm module runs the company’s own Buildroot-based “BRIX” Linux distribution in addition to Windows Embedded Compact. The PicoMODA9 plugs into the bottom of an optional Pico-ITX form factor Starterkit carrier board in a sandwich-style configuration via a “robust” 140-pin plug connector, says F&S.
- NVIDIA Tegra186/Parker/TX2 Support For Linux 4.12
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices
- Canonical Developer Works on Bringing Snap Support to Raspberry Pi's Raspbian
- LibreELEC-Based Lakka 2.0 Officially Released with Raspberry Pi Zero W Support
- Raspberry WebKiosk 6.0 Released for Raspberry Pi, Based on Raspbian Jessie Lite