F&S has launched an 80 x 50mm COM that runs Linux on a Freescale i.MX6, and offers optional industrial temperature support and a Pico-ITX sized baseboard.
Germany’s F&S Elektronik Systeme, which has previously released Linux-ready computer-on-modules such as the Freescale i.MX6 SoloX-based Efus A9X and Freescale Vybrid driven PCOMnetA5, has again selected Freescale with its new i.MX6-based “PicoMODA9″ COM. The 80 x 50mm module runs the company’s own Buildroot-based “BRIX” Linux distribution in addition to Windows Embedded Compact. The PicoMODA9 plugs into the bottom of an optional Pico-ITX form factor Starterkit carrier board in a sandwich-style configuration via a “robust” 140-pin plug connector, says F&S.
- Raspbian Linux OS for Raspberry Pi Is Now Based on Debian GNU/Linux 9 "Stretch"
- GPIO Zero 1.4 Is Out for Raspberry Pi SBCs, Update Your Raspbian Linux OS Now
- NanoPi K2 Board Gets Ubuntu Core Firmware Image
- SolydXK 9 Linux OS Debuts Based on Debian 9 Stretch, Drops Raspberry Pi Support
- Mozilla launches Project Things IoT framework on Raspberry Pi
- Meet ROCK64, a 4K-Capable Single-Board Computer That Can Run Android 7.1, Debian